So to pass the time, I came up with a list of things to do while waiting. Feel free to copy it if you'd like and if you have any really great secrets about how to suddenly become a more patient person, PLEASE let me know.
1. Watch the snow fall outside the window (sorry this won't work if you live in Hawaii).
2. Write a "book page" poem. To do this, tear a single page from a book (obviously not a good book) and circle one or two words from each line to create a poem. If you like black markers, you can cross out all the words besides the ones you've circled.
3. Draw a picture. It doesn't have to be good. It can be a doodle or a perfect copy of the Sistine Chapel (or a picture of a very bored looking girl with crazy hair)... you choose.
4. Clean the fridge. This is a boring one, but it sure feels good when you're done.
5. Learn some new vocabulary words. Pick a couple words randomly from the dictionary and see how many times you can use them today.
6. Learn French. This one might take a while.
7. Write a thank you note... and actually mail it.
8. Give the dog a bath and then laugh at it when it rolls around on the carpet trying to dry off.
9. Go get a hot dog at Costco and sit and people watch for an hour. Bring a notebook and write a sentence about each of their stories.
10. Clean out the junk drawer and make a collage with the trash.
What... you're still waiting? Maybe it's time you tried making your own list.